£19,136 per annum plus excellent benefits
- 40 hours per week, working 5 out of 7 days including evenings and weekends
The Kitchen Porter will be part of Kitchen Team and report to the Head Chef.
Goodwood is a quintessentially English estate, set in 12,000 acres of rolling West Sussex countryside. Rooted in our heritage, we deliver extraordinary and engaging experiences in modern and authentic ways. But what really sets us apart is our people. It is their passion, enthusiasm and belief in the many things we do that makes Goodwood the unique place it is.
It takes a certain sort of person to flourish in such a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment like Goodwood. We look for talented, self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who will be able to share our passion for Goodwood to be ‘the home of exceptional experiences’.
Purpose of the role
Responsible for keeping all kitchen areas and equipment are clean and tidy. To help maintain high levels of service and assist with the smooth running of the kitchens.
- To follow the cleaning schedules for the kitchen and clean the section and other areas as directed
- Basic food preparation work
- To ensure that all kitchen ware is cleaned and well maintained including using all PPE chemicals appropriately.
- To report any maintenance issues to the Head Chef immediately.
- To comply with all Goodwood policies and procedures to ensure that all-statutory regulations are observe
- To comply with the conditions of the food hygiene policies
- To be flexible and willing to help other departments at busy times
- To comply with COSHH & HACCAP Training
Qualities you will possess
What do you need to be successful?
- Passion for what you do
- Positive and friendly with a “can do attitude”
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and organise
- Take responsibility for yourself
- Confident to make decisions and to stand by them
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent communicator
- A sense of fun!
- Previous experience in a similar role would be an advantage
- Certificates in Food Hygiene, COSHH, Manual Handling and some training in Health and Safety would be desirable but are not essential as training can and will be give