Jobs in these similar sectors might interest you..
You can start a new job search here
Would you love to work for a leading business in the marine industry? Are you passionate about sailing and enjoy building new relationships? RS Sailing are recruiting for a candidate to work in our Mail Order department.
As well as working in a vibrant friendly atmosphere, sailing perks mean you’ll not only get to help and serve the amazing RS Sailors but you could also get to sail against them, have a post sailing beverage with them and be able to call them your friends! You will be offered a competitive salary, a pension, great sailing benefits and all the tea you can drink in our Romsey HQ.
As part of our Mail Order Dispatch Team you will use your dedication, eye for detail and enthusiasm for customer service to help maintain the company’s high standards and efficiency.
As a likely candidate, you will be a bold and charismatic character who is organised and thorough. You will not be happy until the job is complete and be a quick thinker in pressured situations to make the right call. Ideally, you’ll will be a keen dinghy racer at least at club weekend level in order that you can recognise all aspects of small sailboats as second nature. You are the type who wants to sail every spare minute. Last you are highly self-motivated.
• Pack and dispatch outward going orders.
• Put away any incoming orders from suppliers.
• Liaise with the dispatch manager and the purchasing manager regarding Low stock numbers, out of stock items and stock anomalies.
• Assist the dispatch manager with the completion of the implementation of Sage 200.
• Assist the dispatch manager with regular stocktakes and cycle counts.
• Build boat packs for the production boats that leave from both Abbey Park and our off site boat manufacturers.
• Keep the dispatch area clean and tidy.
Whilst knowledge of sailing and sailing componentry is not required candidates with a good knowledge of the sailing industry will be considered ahead of others regardless of packing experience.
• Able to work as part of a team and independently
• Able to work efficiently without supervision
• Good communication abilities
• Ability to complete basic paperwork
• Flexible towards hours and duties as required
• Good spoken and written English language
• Good numeracy skills are a must
• Eager to progress and learn new skills
• Works well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
• Good time management
• Attention to detail