Restaurant Waiter / Waitress
£ 9.70 per hour plus excellent benefits
- Includes evenings and weekends
At Goodwood, we celebrate our 300 year history as a quintessentially English Estate, in modern and authentic ways delivering extraordinary and engaging experiences. Our setting, 12,000 acres of West Sussex countryside and our story both play significant roles in Goodwood’s success. What really sets us apart is our people. It is their passion, enthusiasm and belief in the many things we do that makes us the unique, luxury brand we are.
It takes a certain sort of person to flourish in such a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment like Goodwood. We look for talented, self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who will be able to share our passion for providing the “world’s leading luxury experience.”
The Real Thing Derring-Do Obsession for Perfection Sheer Love of Life
Purpose of the role
To offer all customers a personal, friendly and efficient service to The Kennels on every visit.
- Ensure tables are clean, tidy and set up properly and ensure salt and pepper mills are full;
- Check the daily BEOs and ensure you are aware of and prepared for the events happening each day;
- Meet and greet guests upon their arrival in the bar, ake drinks orders and an accurate note of their member card details;
- Monitor your allocated section and be aware of guests, trying to anticipate their needs where possible;
- Maximise opportunities to upsell products and services where possible;
- Ensure a thorough knowledge of the food and drink menus and any daily specials
Qualities you will possess
- Passion for what you do
- Positive and friendly with a “can do attitude”
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and organise
- Take responsibility for yourself
- Confident to make decisions and to stand by them
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent communicator
- A sense of fun!
What do you need to be successful?
- You need to be a people person with excellent customer service skills
- A good standard of education is required along with fluency in spoken and written English
- Experience of working in a customer facing role, ideally within the hospitality industry