Young People Day Support Worker
£21,730 per annum
- 37 hours per week ( working across a 3 week rota, which includes early, late and weekend shifts, plus bank holidays)
Young People Support Worker
Salary: £21,730 per annum
Hours: 37 hours per week working across a 3 week rota including early, late and weekend shifts, plus bank holidays.
Are you looking to improve the lives of homeless young people in our community and to develop, and work within a dynamic team? We are looking for individuals to join our young people services for Stonepillow as a support worker. We need someone who is inspiring and passionate about young people’s rights and building them a positive future.
You will be working with 16+ Older Looked After Young People and Care Leavers that are in the care of West Sussex. You will be required to become familiar with legislation regarding young people in the care of local authority, and the robust Safeguarding, Whistleblowing and Health & Safety requirements.
This role will be based in Chichester and no previous experience is necessary – just the passion to work with young people and to learn about homelessness is required!
Your duties will include:
- Providing support in a holistic and person-centred way.
- Model a kind, positive, persistent, proactive manner to secure meaningful engagement with young people to bring about sustained outcomes for them; ensuring the team you work with are safe and the young people have a trusted safe adult in their life.
- To manage your own caseload, to ensure the following processes are maintain and excelled:
- Produce an individual holistic support and risk assessment, in line with our support model, incorporating the views of the young people.
- Ensure that the voice of the YP is heard in all aspects of the case management process and is articulated to all partners involved.
- To support the team leader to maintain detailed case file audits with properly documented correspondence and evidence of decision-making processes and statutory safeguarding actions.
- Facilitate case reviews quarterly with your line manager, your YP and all professionals linked to their support.
- Support your line manager in managing and coordinating all referrals
- Ensure the YP are invested and working on their Life Skills Programme to gain independence.
- Role model and be a proponent of ‘Unconditional Positive Regard” to our YP and have a ‘never give up approach’ to supporting our YP
- Assisting the team leader to deliver effective services
In order to be successful in this role you will need:
- Have a kind and ‘never give up attitude’. To have the passion to support YP in achieving positive futures.
- Excellent time and stress management skills
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Confidentiality
- The ability to motivate and inspire YP to make positive life change
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of people using excellent active listening skills to form healthy and constructive relationships
- To update paper and computerised systems and ensure all occurrences throughout the shift are recorded.
The benefits of working at Stonepillow:
- Actively supporting those in need in your local community
- Healthcare and wellbeing support including access to in-app virtual appointments with NHS registered GPs and access to a comprehensive Employee Assistance programme with face-to-face counselling
- A medical cashback scheme and retail discounts
- Stakeholder pension, employer contribution of 5%
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro rata to work pattern)
A bit about us
Stonepillow support and empower homeless and at-risk people to achieve sustainable independence and wellbeing working across Arun and Chichester area.
Stonepillow is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.